In Drupal 7 there is no good way to move configuration information between environments because modules store configuration data in different formats.
As a result, the new configuration management system in Drupal 8 is one of the most highly anticipated new features because it provides a central place for modules to store configuration data, from simple static data (e.g., site name) to more complex business objects (e.g., field definitions and image styles). This session will provide an overview of the new configuration system from a site building perspective.
Topics will include:
- A high level overview of the system
- What it means to change configuration in Drupal 8
- How to deploy changes to another environment
- How to import those changes and make them active
- Advanced workflows using multiple environments
- How to avoid potential problem areas
- Where does Features fit in?