Every modern framework nowadays provides a scaffolding tool code generator for speeding up the process of starting a new project and avoid early repetitive tasks.
The purpose of this project is to leverage the Symfony Console Component to provide a CLI tool to automate the creation of drupal 8 modules by generating the directory structure for a module, routing, controllers, forms, services, plugins and required configuration files.
It supports adding services using Dependency Injection on class generation.
What is out of the box?
- Generates module and info files.
- Generates PSR-4 compliant directory structure for a module.
- Register routes on YML files and map to PHP Classes (controller, form, service).
- Create classes adding namespaces, uses and also the extend and implements keywords when required.
- Support adding services using Dependency Injection on class generation.
During this session you will learn about the concepts and components introduced on Drupal 8 and by the end you will have the basic knowledge required for writing a Drupal 8 module.
Some topics that will be mentioned on this session
- HTTP Request/Response
- Service Container
- Dependency Injection
This session will include a demo of https://drupal.org/project/console (scaffolding module generator)
Who will benefit of using an automatic code module generator ?
- Module Maintainers & Developers
Create & Migrate contributed modules to Drupal 8.
- Drupal Trainers & Consultors
Train developers on Drupal 8.
- Drupal Shops
Reduce module development time for Drupal 8.